Soufflé, with my favorite ingredients











Extra filling was microwaved. This part doesn't have any cheese. 


Denver. My soufflés don't rise very much anymore. But the problem cannot be the altitude because when I was twenty they rose just fine. 

So what is it?

This time I whipped the egg whites to soft peaks so they'd be sufficiently elastic to keep expanding.

But that didn't help.

Maybe it's because I stopped using recipes. Maybe I'm expecting them to lift too much. 

That does it! 

))) whap (((( 

Next time I'll use a recipe.

But I don't mind it. I stopped making soufflés because they're too foamy. I considered them lady's food. I prefer they be more condensed. So it's not bad at all having them flat. 

But I hate the idea of losing my soufflé-mojo.

This was a very good meal.  I have no real complaint.

No comments:

Blog Archive