Spring rolls, California rolls


Purchased from Trader Joe's. This was actually two meals. 

The spring rolls are loose and ineptly rolled. Worse than I do myself, actually. The same things from the Pacific Market are much better, rolled by experts a great deal more tightly rolled. It's not so easy to do and so far I'm unable to copy them. I don't know how they do it. The ingredients are the same, the flavor is the same and the peanut butter sauce is fine, but there is a huge difference in expertise. Bits fall out of these Trader Joe's version as you're eating them. They're a mess.

Likewise the California rolls are not as good as the ones purchased from Sprouts. The rice is cooked incompletely, the filling is not as tasty. the balance of avocado is poor. Sprouts has it down. Trader Joe's does not.

I think this Pacific Market makes their own, while Sprouts and Trader Joe's buy them.

No comments:

Blog Archive