Colorado Palisade peach


I love these peaches so much when they're in season. And their season is so short. I cannot get enough of them. 

And when the season ends bang they're right back to being mealy and tasteless and dry and terrible. 

So each season comes with anxiety for that moment when you buy a bunch, take one bite, and throw away the whole bunch.

Because it's just not worth trying and constantly failing to recapture the glory of the season. It's gone. For a whole 'nuther year. 

So just buy canned peaches instead.

I must now write a poem to peaches.
Oh Palisade peaches how fulsome thou art upon thy turgid stem
Kissed by morning sunlight
Dew drops glistening. 
Shut up, Ma. I'm writing a poem!
How I want to shove you right into my peach-hole.
And swallow your chunks as your juice drips down my throat
Into my stomach where I coat you with my own acid.
Then pass you through my upper and lower intestines
And then poop you out.
Just look at you down there in the water.
Flush. 
Okay, maybe I can re-write that last part. 

No comments:

Blog Archive