American breakfast


How presumptuous. 

If I were served this in a restaurant I would suppose that the cook is having a bad day.

I mean, my American breakfast. From mid 1950's to early 1970's. 

That you could get on any American Air Force Base on any day of the week, or basically anywhere in the United States and anywhere the United States brings its military which is everywhere. In the south the plate would have grits. Weird because corn is grown elsewhere but there you have it, this is the stuff that my younger self was seeing all over the place. I thought these things meant breakfast. Except today mine is a little less tidy. I am still experimenting with a new steel cowboy pan, cooking everything in it at once.

Except for the days we had cereal.

And except for the days we had pancakes.

And excepting the days we had cinnamon toast.

And except for the day we had carrots and soy sauce because my older brother is weird.


 

No comments:

Blog Archive