Fried chicken breast, green salad with orange




I did not pick these out, the shopper did. I chose something more reasonable and these were substituted. I would not pay $12.00 for four thin chicken breasts.

And I don't care how organic they are.

Except this time I did pay that much. 

I must say though, now that I am eating them, they are tender and moist and flavorful and totally worth it.




Up since before the sun. It is 7:30 at night. This is the first meal of the day, and boy, am I famished.

Triple dipped. Double fried. First to cook the breasts, then fried again briefly to dehydrate their crust. For thick lumpy tasty extremely crisp crust. The second fry does not cook the chicken further because the crust protects the chicken until the crust itself becomes hot enough, by then the chicken is removed from the oil. 

Flawless because I am standing there tending the whole time.

If you don't like all that thick lumpy tasty extremely crisp crust then you can pick it off and eat however much of it that you like and discard all the rest. 

Won't offend me. I know you have to watch what you eat. Being so overweight all the time. What a drag. Condolences. 

Drench and dredge. More flour than usual. An excessive amount. Flavored simply with salt and pepper, cumin, hot chile powder from the enchanting land of New Mexico. Then the liquid part is egg and buttermilk and regular whole milk, with a whole lot of commercial unspecified curry powder. 

All of the flour was used and nearly all of the egg/milk portion was used. That's a LOT of lumpy coating for four thin pieces of chicken breast. 

No comments:

Blog Archive