Spätzle mit käse und frikadellen

What? I don't even know if it's a thing but I learned as I went. I am doing my own thing imagining what I want and it turns out the Germans invented this way before I did. So what. The Germans were born before me, they had all history to invent this and I had a few decades of messing around, time to reach a point in my development where I would like something perfectly bland. 



I did not use a spätzle maker. I did not use a potato ricer. Not a cheese grater nor a colander. 

I used a small flat cutting board, wetted, a line of very thick batter pulled forward with a bench scraper off the edge of the board. This goes surprisingly quickly and it results in rough noodles longer than noodles produced by drips. 

Spätzle batter recipes should not have too much milk and water. Mine has a tablespoon of sour cream and a few tablespoons of milk and that is too much. Best to keep the liquid portion closer to pure egg. My noodles are too loose. 

And since my noodles are not dense, that forced me to eat the whole thing. 







No comments:

Blog Archive