Homemade fettuccine in cream sauce with salmon

 


The Nikon D90 went all "ERR" on me and simply would not work so Nikon D7500 took over halfway.  Then, none of the D90 photos actually took with previous old photos still on the card. And I took some incredibly sexy photos of pasta dough ingredients, pasta dough completed, pasta dough rolled and cut to fettuccine size. Very thoughtful. I dolled it all up. Arranged it like a flower shop dude. Then carefully photographed it, using my hard-earned skills with all those camera numbers all over. Managed the batteries and lenses for two separate cameras, in and out and in again, on and off and on again. 

Gone. All just gone. And now that thoughtful artistry of lighting, and setting, and color and composition and distance and focus is lost forever.

Oh well. 

It's only noodles. 

There is a lot more cream than shows. It kept gobbling it up. No cheese. 

* nutmeg because it goes well with cream
* chile powder from the enchanting state of New Mexico
* cumin because I like cumin in everything like this
* garlic because I have a lot of that and I want the cream to have depth and range that these alliums are particularly good at imparting.

But the camera, what to do about that? 

It is counterintuitive because the camera is telling me that it cannot take a picture due to some error. It says so,  stop already, "error." Just take a picture anyway. The shutter works. Boom. Problem cleared. But that does not help the previous photos that did not take and did not show not taking. What a bummer! But you know, this camera is over ten years old and it's been used everyday. Rather heavily. It's a real champ. Some of the connections do not work. I told myself five years ago that if it died flat it would still be worth all the photos it gave me. And it is still working very well indeed. I forgive its occasional hiccup. I am an abusive owner and these cameras are built to last. 

No comments:

Blog Archive