Broiled ham sandwich with tomato and cheese on homemade bread









I was supposed to make a cheese sauce and pour that on top then broil it, but I was too lazy for that step, another pot, another little mess, and I put the cheese on directly. I see now why the French make a sauce of the cheese. That would have been a lot better.

And there I would be scrubbing out another little pot just for a sandwich. 

I worry about that.

Will I keep taking shortcuts to get out of cleaning? Yes. I will. 

I better watch it as I grow older lest I turn myself into a shortcut taking all the time lazy ass teenager.

That happens to old people living alone. 

We visited my grandmother living alone. She was making a pineapple upside down cake when we popped in. She was making that whole thing for herself. Then suddenly she had her family there to share it with.

As time went by she stopped doing that. It got to the point that making a sandwich was too much trouble. She got thinner and thinner and thinner and finally she ceased to exist.  

        "She went poof?"

No. She died. 

That does it. Next time I make a broiled ham sandwich with tomato I will also make a cheese sauce and then scrub a stupid little pot.

Around here not only am I shopper and cook but also photographer and food stylist and post processor, uploader and writer but also busboy and dishwasher. All that goes with just making a sandwich.

        "Did you eat the whole thing?"

Nearly.

No comments:

Blog Archive