Salmon shipment, chile relleno casserole

Visitors in and out of here all day long today. Among them this shipment of salmon. Friday the 13th. Not bad at all. 

There is no such thing as sushi-grade salmon. Nonetheless, sushi chefs like this farm-raised brand.

That surprises me. I expected wild salmon to be best. Then again, these are the guys who invented Kobe beef. I should have expected them to go for salmon with buttery fat.





Goodie gumdrops. Another styrofoam box. Now I cam make my own worm farm.




Now for something entirely different.







Stuff for sauce ↑.

Stuff for casserole ↓.




This is the same stuff that corn tortillas are made of. This is also the corn mixture inside of tamales. I am making a very wet version of this and expecting it to cohere as it does with tamales. 


Regular ordinary sane people would consider perhaps chorizo but I do not care for the versions I've bought here. Turns out this Jimmy Dean's sausage is very good and it can be jazzed up with any number of chile powders or actual chiles for that matter. 



Who would even think of cauliflower for a Mexican meal? 

Nobody sensible, that's who.






1 comment:

ndspinelli said...

They eat a lot of salmon here in Minnesota.

Blog Archive