Hummus on lettuce

Three splotches of tahini.  The first one I made from sesame seeds with their husks.  Heated until they smoked.  Blended.  The husks kept absorbing the oil and water I added, so I accepted its texture  and stopped adding in order to not dilute the taste any further.  Also added lecithin so the ingredients wouldn't separate, like the two store-bought tahini.  My home-made, with husk tahini is 100% superior to the store bought samples. All three went into the the humus


Humus ingredients including extraneous jalapeño peppers


Nearly forgot garlic.  Daubed it with water and microwaved for about 40 seconds. When I opened the microwave door, BLAM! my face was hit with garlic fog.   [Note to self:  don't do that again.] This was to get rid of raw garlic taste and develop some degree of garlicy complexity.  


Blended.


Added balcony tomatoes, because let's face it, I gotta do something with 'em. 


Chickpeas are beans, after all. 


You can cut back on calories, if you're so inclined by using green vegetables, say lettuce or celery, instead of crackers, bread, peta, tortilla, or chips and avoid unnecessary carbohydrates that readily turn to stored body fat.  This plate is high protein, very satisfying, bloataciously filling, and 100% within the Zone™ (Barry Sears).  

No comments:

Blog Archive