Pasta salad




* Mayonnaise ingredients.

* Notice the honey and vinegar?  There's that sweet/sour combination again. You can make anything 200% better by doing that.  The chinese might think they've got the lockdown on sweet/sour but it's actually widespread world-wide. consider german caggage, same thing, brown sugar and vinegar.

* Dijon style mustard, pepper, salt, garlic powder, ginger powder.


Salad ingredients.

* The dark green stuff in the first frame is canned jalapeño peppers I had in the refrigerator. I threw those in on impulse. Forgot I had them in there and kept getting zinged when I was eating the salad. I love it when I fake out myself like that.

* Had I thought of it, I'd have added bell pepper because I have 5 of them in a refrigerator drawer. This would have been a great place to use one. Oh well.

* There's actually about twice as much spinach as shown here. I couldn't fit it all on the little plate.

* The red stuff is tomato.

* I love pasta but it tends to do harm in large quantity. Blood sugar spikes and all that. And what's the point of going through all the trouble if you can't scarf like an undisciplined starved pig? Therefore, I prefer to back off from the pasta a little bit and substitute green vegetables wherever reasonable. This is important if you're a big fat fatty fat-assed fatso who snorts and goes rooting around and who's fat, which isn't me, nor is it you, but I still don't want get no diabetes so I think it's a good idea to eat pasta, lovely stuff, in small quantity and slow it down with, um, fat. Pasta is considered by Weight Watchers as a bread unit, and they're specific about the amount reasonable per meal, and that turns out to be a lot less than what we're used to piling on our plates. I just read in a book that Americans tend to do things in extremes, and I can't really argue with that. This is discussed at length by Barry Sears, and whose diet is maligned for being high-protein, but that is a false take on what he's saying, repeatedly, across several books, and who unlike Robert Atkins, whose diet really is high-protein, is still alive. OK, that's unfair. Atkins slipped on ice and hit his head. Either that, or he was bludgeoned to death and dragged out onto the ice. Both these men helped a lot of people.

Barry Sears


Dr. Robert Atkins

Having said all that, I ate a boat load of this stuff. I just couldn't stop.




I photograph food in small amounts because it looks better than a huge pile. I read that on food photography sites. But then I go back and refill the plate and keep eating until my stomach bulges out like a pregnant woman. Satisfied I can't shove one more molecule of food into my pasta hole, I quit. Until I recover and get right back at it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Blog Archive