Gigantic fruit salad





The store was selling boxes of mangos for a very good price. There were six of them to a box. I think. I already passed frozen mangos, a huge bag for the same cost. Here's the thing. Mangos are iffy. Sometimes they're ripe, and sometimes they're not. Sometimes deep mango color, sometimes pale. It's the luck of the draw. Plus I didn't want to use six all at once. And plus, plus, I didn't feel like cutting around that huge disc of a seed and removing the peel. So I opted for frozen. That way, I can reserve half.

The store also sold kiwis in a huge container, I'd say about a dozen of them. I thought, "You can never have too many kiwis. Also apples, also plums all in huge quantities. So I left out citrus and used what I already had, which amounted to two oranges. So this fruit salad is very different.

I passed on the watermelon and on the berries. I now have well over a week's worth of fruit salad, and it's all sufficiently firm to endure.

No comments:

Blog Archive