Banana oatmeal cookies


This was to get rid of a couple of large overly ripe bananas. The idea is based on peanut butter cookies. There is no recipe. I just added cookie type ingredients until I had a mixture sufficiently stiff to be cookie dough. I started with

1 egg
2 glugs of vanilla extract, where glug = unmeasured shake from the 16 oz. jar.
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1+1/2 teaspoon baking soda

(I intended to add baking powder as well but then decided I didn't want the cookies to be puffy so I omitted it)

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup broken pecans
1 cup A/P flour
1 cup thick rolled oats.

The mixture was insufficiently stiff so I added 1/4 flour and 1/4 cup oats.

Baked a short batch. The cookies were insufficiently sweet so I added 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 white sugar. This caused the cookies to be a little bit too sweet and less reliably removed from the Silpat. Silpat=silicone sheet that replaces parchment paper.

Oh! Cinnamon and allspice in small amounts.

No comments:

Blog Archive