Bison burger


Today I was sent a coupon for a free McDonald's hamburger.

I hold no ill-will toward an incredibly successful international corporation that meets a demand so excellently, but still, I automatically go, "Ha ha ha ha ha. You gotta be kidding. Stop it, you're killing me over here."

I wouldn't bother with those buns or those burgers or that mayonnaise unless I was in some sort of destitute situation or suffering a lapse of questionable judgement, because I pity them.

The buns are easy as throwing a package into a shopping cart.

* 3/4 cup warm water into a bowl
* 3/4 teaspoon active yeast
* 1 and 1/2 cup white flour.
* 1/3 teaspoon table salt or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 or 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour, enough to create a loose dough that's not sticky.

Combine ingredients. Allow to rise at room temperature to double. Dump from bowl onto a work surface. Divide into thirds. Shape into flattened discs. Place on parchment paper or Silpat. Cover with an inverted plastic storage bin. This acts as a proofing box.

Run errands.

Preheat oven to high.

Bake buns for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Archive