Catfish,hushpuppies


These catfish pieces were in the freezer for-eh-ver. They had ice crystals stuck all over 'em. They looked bad, real bad, real real bad, I'm tellin'n ya, they were so bad even my cat looked at me with a  clear expression of  disgust. I don't even own a cat, it showed up just to show disgust.

So I can't believe how good they turned out. This gives me hope for the future of ice-frosty fish.

* A/P flour into a bowl
* equal amount of corn meal into the same bowl
* S/P/cayenne into the bowl

* 1 egg into another bowl
* equal amount of milk with the egg.
* mix

* dredge
* drench
* re-dredge

Hot oil 350℉ / 175℃ until a light golden brown. More of a dark golden rod brown. No wait, a sienna brown. No, wait, wait, wait, a saddle brown, that's it, a saddle brown. Definitely a saddle brown. Maybe a cocoa brown. Okay, forget about the color, just cook 'em 'til they're done.

No comments:

Blog Archive