Meat patty, cheese, split bun


Near paleo simplicity. This is one of the meat patties formed and frozen earlier in large quantity from the three various roasts. I did not photograph the pile of meat that covered the work surface, but it was huge. I think I was too involved at the time and I wanted to keep the meat slightly frozen even though it had been processed. Time was not my friend. This is beef, pork, and lamb. The fat content is low. Too low, actually. Next time I will add a significant amount of olive oil and probably some water. These patties cook very quickly.

The buns were also made weeks ago from dough aged overnight. This is nearing the end of them. They're toasted in a pan weighted with another pot, like a panini. 

The cheese is marked simply medium Wisconsin cheddar. No offense intended, but my inner fromager finds it uninteresting and does not recommend it. My inner slouch would prefer Velveeta®. I've had very good Wisconsin cheese so I will not let this affect my opinion. I would be interested in finding something that is not pasteurized and in the U.S. that means something older than 60 days. 

No comments:

Blog Archive