Steak and corn



Damn, I'm good. Set out to room temperature, rinsed, dried, oiled and then liberally seasoned with my house sea salt/cracked black pepper/chile pepper flakes/garlic mixture. Fried in a hot over-sized  cast-iron pan.  Rested for 6 or so minutes. 

This is regular grass-fed beef. I think. I forgot to read the package.  It came in a black-backed vacuum package, the same as the bison, but this does not taste like bison.

The end portion is shown plated above. The meat becomes increasingly red as the cuts progress toward the thicker part, so I photographed both ends. I kept going back to the cutting board and removing more slices until finally I ate the whole thing, which amounts to about 10 or 12 OZ.  with no strip of fat. I am such an incorrigible  bos maximus. Maybe I should dig out that package and read what it is that I ate because this sure is delicious.  You know what? I should get like a dozen of these things and grill them for a dinner party. That will be awesome!

2 comments:

Avierra said...

So what did it turn out to be? Some sort of loin cut? It does look yummy!

Chip Ahoy said...

The package label read "beef sirloin steak". But I never saw a sirloin without a fat strip, and this was actual two pieces pressed together at an angle so that the smaller piece was like a long wedge. I cooked it and cut it as if it were a single piece.

Blog Archive