Cauliflower soup



Cauliflower, potato, and leek soup. The potato is huge. Included carrot for its sweetness. I suppressed the urge to include roasted chile peppers. This time I wanted to try simplicity. I figured I can add chiles at any time I wish in any of various forms. I also nixed cheese. 


Ordinarily the vegetables would be roasted but today I chose not to mess with all that. They were fried in my largest pot as an overloaded stir-fry, added one at a time sturdiest first, which put three garlic cloves last. Garlic not shown. 



By divine intervention that I have not yet bloodied myself with this Blade of Death. I get shivers just looking at it. I am a bit surprised the thing is even legal. It scares me. I'm telling you, one wrong move and 

))) schwing ((( 

there goes a finger. 


Not shown, one quart (one liter) chicken stock. This uses my own homemade chicken stock Liquid p-Au, where p=poultry.  It could probably use more but I do not have more. I do have commercial stock, and that would work fine, but I decided not to contaminate the magnificence of these ingredients with second-rate ingredients. Maybe I will break down and add some to thin it out, but I do not think that is going to happen. I would rather it be thick. Besides, it still needs its cream. 

Also not shown, 1/2 airline bottle white Zinfandel, about 1/2 cup. 

The soup would be white if this were just cauliflower, or cauliflower and potato, and onion, and such. That is handy to know if for some reason you are in the need for white soup. 


I decided not to add the cream directly to the soup, but rather keep the soup concentrated and add the cream individually as I go. That way it is not sitting around in the soup, and it can be used otherwise.




The dots are garlic chive. The bread is my own, as toast with olive oil. 

This soup is sweet -- the sweetness of carrot and the sweetness of thyme. Thyme is the only herb, and I did use quite a lot, not counting the single garlic chive that is mostly just garnish -- tiny green dots for ART.

No comments:

Blog Archive