Aerogarden, mint, basil

The photographs for the original post hosted on Photobucket are missing. Therefore this post is re-written to accommodate photographs that I have on Flickr, now uploaded to Blogger.

The old post was about just starting out a new seed kit. The photograph showed early plants under their little domes. This post shows plants purchased from the grocery store and rooted at home that are then transplanted to the Aerogarden.

Basil and mint because they root so easily and because I use them the most. Apparently this is a few different times. I'm showing myself using a new kitchen sponge cut into pieces and folded around the stems of basil and mint then inserted into the Aerogarden holes that get water dripped onto them keeping the sponges soaked. The roots are kept wet then they grow down (through the air)  into the water reservoir.

Here are all the photos downloaded from Flickr. This is the first model of Aerogarden. Since then the original owner sold out to Scotts (of lawn fertilizer fame).

What!?

He sold out? Are you kidding me? And this whole time I imagined him a Boulder hippy type doing all this from love of plants. And it turns out he's just another capital adventurer. Gawl!

I bought stock in his company because I believed in him (as a hippy that I imagined) not because I believed in Scotts.

But the management team at Scotts really does know their business. Goodness, those corporation types are obsessed. They know what customers want and they know how to reach them. They made improvements in everything: the machines, the lights, the seed kits, the fertilizer, the store outlets, the marketing, everything. They expanded the lines of models and seed kits and implements. And they brought down the cost. Now you can get a super-duper model with LED lighting and the whole thing is much more reliable at lower cost than I paid. The lights on my model infuriatingly burn out too quickly. And they're rather expensive to replace.

The people online who show their new models on YouTube love them.












No comments:

Blog Archive