Dinner rolls


These rolls are a trial run for a dinner party that I am hosting on Friday. Today is Monday. The test is for quantity and for the effect of 25% whole wheat flour. 

Two cups flour total + 1 cup hot water produced nine dinner rolls. Eight would probably be a better size. 

The party is a dinner gathering for twenty people, possibly thirty. The exact number is presently unknown and probably will not be known. I always tend to overdo it with these things so my learning curve has to do with backing off from estimated quantity. I've never had too little and always end up with surplus, so part of the planning is to have plenty of disposable storage containers and paper bags to carry them. 

So three of these batches will do it.  

MATHS !

Four batches will assure people have at least one roll to take home with them, and who in their right mind wouldn't want that? Nobody, that's who not. 

I do not care for the effect of 25% whole wheat, at least not this whole wheat which is King Arthur. The bag I have is old. Maybe I should just toss it out, and maybe my own milled whole wheat will be different but I do not think I'll risk it. 

As for the rest of the dinner on Friday, at this point I have no idea what we're having and I am not the slightest bit perturbed by not knowing. I am possessed of just that much implacable equanimity and complete confidence. ← Possible self-delusion. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"who in their right mind wouldn't want that? Nobody, that's who not."
HA!

Perhaps you can entertain you guests with a Chaplinesque Dinner Roll Ballet.

Blog Archive