Thai noodles









Two strange and alien ingredients, tamarind paste and Sriacha sauce, that you cannot get on this planet and so a plate of thin wheat noodles exotic and delicious and enchanting as this is not available to you. Sorry to tease you this way, that was unkind of me. I shouldn't have done that. Now I feel bad.

Shrimp is coated with chile sauce and cornstarch and fairly burned in a very hot cast iron pan. That takes a minute.

Thin wheat noodles are cooked in salted water. That takes a minute.

A combination of prepared products is stirred together in a bowl sufficient to amount to about 2 tablespoons to no more than 1/4 cup which is 4 tablespoons. A light coating of this sauce for the noodles is the goal not a sopping wet bowl of it. 

Unless you're an insatiable pig, then by all means do, go ahead a make as much as you want. It's hard to go wrong unless you flip overboard with something ridiculous. 

* peanut butter
* Sriracha sauce
* tamarind paste
* fish sauce 
* brown sugar, any kind of basic sugar, palm sugar, etc.
* mustard powder
* crushed garlic
* minced ginger
* water, if you want it thinner, oil if you want it to have that palate covering thing, or if the noodles get too sticky, whatever.

An entire bunch of cilantro, about a cup picked

An entire plant of mint, or a whole package, a lot of mint.

That takes a minute. So we're at what, three minutes? 

Well, it took longer than that. I must have added wrong or lied, sorry about that too.

But I cannot be troubled by these minor character flaws of teasing and lying, for right now I have the fire-breathing cilantro and mint breath of a superhero. I can start fires with my Thai chile breath and put them out with my  aromatic icy herbal cilantro/mint breath. Fierce. Cats follow me around. And cilantrophobes turn away in fear and flee. The scent of cilantro and mint seeps out of my pores. 


I didn't have peanut butter so I used almond butter instead. Tahini works too. Anything like that. 

No comments:

Blog Archive