Rice with pork


Our housekeeper Sueko would be so proud. She showed me about fried rice when I was ten. We didn't speak each other's language so all that was worked out without speaking. Discounting sound effects. 

But the thing is, I'm recalling her showing me at one stove at one little house and recalling her showing me at another stove at a different house and I know when my dad found her and his story about that which precludes the accuracy of the first memory and now I don't know what to remember. Anyway my first trials were with hotdogs and always tasted of catsup. And those are not Asian ingredients. 

But you can, with one simple trick, impress your family members, loved ones, significant others, and certainly your dog, by fooling them into thinking you actually know what you're doing.  Pour water into a ramekin or small bowl and dump it out. Pack cooked rice into the bowl then upturn the bowl of rice onto a plate and remove the bowl for a tight professional, or perhaps anally retentive, presentation. 


1 comment:

Aridog said...

Ref: Anyway my first trials were with hotdogs and always tasted of catsup. And those are not Asian ingredients.

Uh, Catsup, or Ketchup, may not be a legendary "Asian ingredient" ....however, try to find a "Chinese Restaurant" in an Asian country, like Korea for example, without Catsup on the table...and if you want soy sauce you have to ask for it.

Pssst: yeah, I peruse your food blog now and then, it is great, and sometimes there are dishes I really like....and some I wonder what caused your dementia. :-)

Blog Archive