Spaghetti


A slice of the 3 LB meatloaf is cut off and broken into bits. The meatloaf contains the same elements that go into meatballs. 

A tin of diced tomatoes is combined with a tin of tomato sauce, which was a purchasing error, in a pot with onion and garlic already started in olive oil. That boiled down fairly quickly to a thick sauce and used repeated for different things. This is a few tablespoons of that thick tomato sauce added to the meatloaf bits.

A splash of sake, strange choice, but nearly any alcohol will do, and about 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water combine and unify all the elements in the pan of meatloaf bits, pasta, and sauce, and it sweetens it all slightly to a plate of pasta truly delicious and satisfying. Rarely do I want more, but tonight I did.

But I would have to start over from the beginning. No problem, it's easy enough, it's just weird to make a dinner and eat it then bang! make the same dinner again and eat it again.

Can't I just wait a couple hours? 

When I mentioned in the previous post I realized I flat do not like alcohol in any form, I forgot how amazing it is in things like this. Cooked alcohol is a magic ingredient. It does not all evaporate leaving flavor behind as we're told it does, rather, some 70% or so of it stays.  

No comments:

Blog Archive