cheese and ham sandwich with pineapple and jalapeño, Jamie Oliver style

Jamie Oliver style is to toast cheese in a pan and set the cheese sandwich on it, twice, to cover both sides. Cheese on the inside and the outside of the sandwich.


It's a mess. But it's perfect. 





Thing I learned today: mozzarella is not the best cheese to use for this.

The idea of pineapple and jalapeño with ham and mozzarella came from my all-time favorite pizza but it does not work so splendidly for this. That combination is much better on open-face pizza. The fried mozzarella isn't that great with the bread. This sandwich was an impossible mess. 

Jamie Oliver uses cheddar and red leicester cheese. Leicester is similar to cheddar.

So there you have it. Two types of cheddar. 

I'm telling you. I've upped my game with cheddar. 

Milton's Prairie Breeze is the best cheddar that I've ever tasted. It's expensive but I'm hooked. And everything else that I've tried doesn't come close. It's worth every cent. Made by Amish in Iowa. 



1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Best Sandwiches Leicester

Blog Archive