Individual stromboli

I saw something similar advertised on one of the shopping networks and I thought, "Hey! THAT'S NOT STROMBOLI!!!!!111!!111eleventeen!!!" Then I calmed down and realized stromboli is whatever you want to make of it. Rolled up pizza, tubular calzone, pizza ingredients, sandwich ingredients, sauce, no sauce, whatever. 

So I copied what I saw on t.v.

It's an American thing to contrive different versions then fifteen places claim origin. 

I had the stupidest foam-omelet commercially made in molds and packaged for microwave re-heating at a rather large hotel in Iowa and the guests in the small makeshift breakfast eating area deemed them fantastic.

They were advertised; be sure to get your omelet, and I was all, yay! Another chance to watch a guy prepare omelets with less skill than I did at age fifteen. Another chance for me to be disappointed, right here, smack in the middle of America's bread basket with gigantic fierce dark green farm equipment literally all over the place. You cannot find a salad. Then the hotel person said, "Oh, we don't have a person here making them." And I wondered, how in the world is that even done? 

Microwave. GAWL! 

And everyone was so well chuffed. Everyone said the omelets are wonderful.

Back to the stromboli, a bag of pre-cut salami, pepperoni, and provolone cheese at the supermarket along with other similar pre-cut sandwich items, turkey, ham and such, all set inside a chilled bin, compelled me to purchase it. $10.00 for all that wasn't a bad price. I had already bought a pound of sliced ham at the deli and that was over $10.00 by itself. 





* 3 jalapeno dicied
* 1 lb. ground beef from Trader Joes. It's very good, actually.
* fennel
* cumin
* coriander (the powdered seeds, not the leafy green)
* salt / pepper









Made 10. 

There was one 3oz ball of dough left over, and a few oz. of mozzarella left over, the combination of meats and cheese and the bowl of ground beef worked out fairly evenly. 

These will be put in Seal-a-Meal packaging and frozen. Like they did on t.v.

No comments:

Blog Archive