Celery from stumps


These two stumps faked me out. 

They both extended tiny centers that looked like they were being pushed up. In the kitchen without light and without growing roots. 

Then after just a few days I put them on the windowsill to get natural light and within just a few days they both shot up more stalks. But still no roots yet. 

Since getting the juicer I go through a lot of celery. It's my favorite thing to juice since it's so mild. Like cucumbers. I've been tossing an awful lot of celery stumps. But now I'm going to start saving them and putting them out in the terrace pots. I'll have them sticking up everywhere. It'll be fun. 

Apparently this can be done with romaine lettuce too. We'll see. 

The ones started by seed are gong to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r- to grow. This is much faster.

No comments:

Blog Archive