Poblano and avocado in egg custard

Quiche. But I don't want to say that because real men don't eat quiche. And it doesn't have a crust.

This is truly great. The flavors are outstanding.

But I can see why it's been years since I did this because it is a bit of a production.

I'm a lot lazier now.

Here, look at all the things that must be done.

What follows is a photo essay of 32 photos.


Poblano peppers are roasted under the broiler, and turned twice as if they were shaped as triangles.

Simultaneously, bacon is fried.






ARTS !



After roasting and blistering all around the peppers are sweated for at least 20 minutes. 

This is usually done in a paper or plastic bag.



Now the blistered skin is loose enough to peel off. 

It's fun. Like picking at your own dead skin after being sunburned. Exactly like that. Except 100% different.


ARTS !


Without running water because that would wash away some of its roasted flavor.


Now the insides are picked clean of seeds and scraggly ribs.




They can be kept whole if you like, say, to wrap around a fried chicken breast.












F'k'n ARTS ! Right here.






Lordy, this is good.

I must now pray.

Dear God, thank you for making me so ace that I can prepare such excellent meals for myself. Amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive