meatballs


Best meatballs yet but I'm fairly certain you will not like them. Too mushy for you. For me, their flavor is outstanding and their texture is perfect. Although, I'll admit they can be more firm. I did something different.

I ran a small amount of oatmeal through the coffee mill turning it to powder then heated it with water the usual way. With the eggs and all the rest the mixture did not hold up so  panko breadcrumbs is added until the meat mixture stiffens sufficiently to form balls. All that put slightly more bread than wanted. And I used too much water to precook the oatmeal. If not then the oatmeal will absorb water to nearly three times its mass. Less than 1/4 cup oatmeal was used. 

The flavor is catsup with generous anchovy paste and with Worcestershire sauce that has its own anchovy already included. Chile flakes and cooked preshrunk onion bits. 


Oh, and Parmesan cheese.





I ate one little sample. That one tiny meatball demanded another so I ate two. Those two were so incredibly delicious they demanded another so I ate three the whole time thinking, well there goes your dinner CHANGE OF PLANS, then with newfound sense of abandon I ate a fourth and a fifth. These meatballs worked out very well. I have another whole package of this ground beef I might just have to do this all over again. Because I never did get to the sauce or to the proper meal that I had in mind. 

No comments:

Blog Archive