Biscuits and gyros patties


I couldn't finish this. There's only so much my precious dainty little diet can handle at one time. No matter. I'll be hungry again soon enough.

Surplus lamb and pork that didn't fit into the pan for gyros down there ↓ a few posts ago. I've been frying it in tiny batches for snacks and it's delicious that way but now it's processed into patties like online instructions suggest except with egg and bread crumbs. I'm going to miss this gyros when it's gone because it sure is good.










Reserved fat and liquid that baked out from the original gyros a few posts ago, used now for gravy.


Tiny bottle of wine to deglaze the pan. Thing is, there was nothing stuck to deglaze. I whisked in cold butter to enrich the gravy while boiling out most of the alcohol. Only used a small portion of the wine. Now the rest will slowly turn to vinegar.




Biscuits. Butter broken into flour mixed with one teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda. Lime juice mixed with egg and milk to create acidic liquid for the biscuits. 50% / 50% whole-wheat and all purpose flours mixed in until loose wet dough was formed without developing the gluten. Cut the biscuits with biscuit cutter (not necessary) and baked in countertop microwave-convection combo oven at high for 12 minutes. Or possibly 15 minutes, I forget. Whatever it was, I kept my eye on it.

Apologies for crummy photographs, I was trying something different.

No comments:

Blog Archive