Stuffed chicken breast






* Flattened chicken breasts. These were pounded while still partially frozen. I should have waited a little longer, it would have been much easier. I made a LOT of noise and my demure unobtrusive self objects to that.

* Seasoned with S/P, and dusted with Thai curry.

* The stuffing is boxed cornbread stuffing that was in the pantry for years. It had to go. It's not that great, in fact, anything I would make by hand would be better. Come to think of it, they said something about a flavor packet and I didn't notice one of those. I flavored with my own seasoning anyway, and I can always out-season any season packet. No brag, just fact. Celery was added along with onion and a lot of diced dried apricots and pecans. This did not improve it much. It would make an acceptable side dish with a substantial gravy. I would not be proud to serve the stuffing to guests.

* Held together with toothpicks.

* Dusted with flour, drenched in beaten egg, rolled in Panko bread crumbs

* Baked at 400℉ / 205℃ for forty-five minutes.

Conclusion: These were slightly overcooked (internal temperature 185℉ / 85℃). They are too dry. The stuffing could be a lot more moist or possibly contain cheese. Lime juice squirted liberally and handmade mayonnaise for the lettuce did not help. They need a sauce and a lot of it. They're not as good as plain pan-seared flattened chicken breasts which are easier. To be frank, these are not even interesting as novelty. They're not hopeless. If they were made smaller, maybe children might like them. I think the idea is better with fish. They were easier to bread than I was imagining.

My favorite thing was the apple.

update: That stuffing did have a flavor packet. Opened it, smelled fairly strong. Parsley mostly, and a bunch of other unidentified brown stuff, probably dehydrated chicken broth, dried onion, powdered garlic, those sorts of things. I really should have used it when evaluating the product even though I added my own flavorings. It would probably have been better.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is definitely one of my favorite chicken breast recipes! I love the color and the look of it, and it seems easy to prepare. Thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive