Mozaic, buffet





Joe's oranges he grew himself in Arizona and brought through airport security just for me! And I suppose maybe ten other people.

I did not make this. We went to Mozaic south of Castle Rock and south of Palmer Lake for Sunday brunch.

The thing you notice driving through Palmerlandia is the high number of small churches of widely varying but small congregations. It's like every Protestant sect of more than five has their own church. They converge in large number at Mozaic for brunch to take advantage of their very nice spread and reasonable price. It's a lovely place and everybody is sweet, saccharine actually, freshly churchified in large part, it seemed to us. They're all nicely dressed, hold doors open for you, greet you warmly, treat you as a welcome guest, children well-behaved, gracious at the buffet, attentive service, all the rest.

Another thing you might notice if you're an astute social observer such as myself, the entire place is 100% Caucasian, if you discount the one single Asian girl who was the date of another white guy who was there with the guy's family and who therefore stuck out as the single exception and who kept eyeing me provocatively from another table. I put all this together on my own. Hey, I can feel when I'm being scanned, Okay?

No comments:

Blog Archive