Macaroni and cheese


Now that I have this craptastic processed cheese I am compelled to imagine what people do with it.

The processed cheese is disguised in this mac and cheese and outnumbered. It is completely outclassed by top Parmigiano and by regular ricotta. The orange barely-cheese belongs in lesser league. 

I used milk shaken in a jar with a teaspoon of flour to compensate for its thin viscosity before pouring it over the stacked pasta. I opted for half a small tin of diced hot jalapeño peppers and cayenne powder. 

This casserole has milk, sour cream, Neufchâtel cream cheese, and a lot of ricotta cheese, which combine into a sauce. All that dairy fat loosens the prickly connectors of capsaicin molecules, encases them, and carries them off. So double the normal amount of jalapeño and cayenne to make up for that moderating dairy. The increased cayenne imparts a pink tint.


Topping: Oatmeal, flour, cold butter, hard grated cheese, salt. For a sweet pie, this same topping minus the cheese would have brown sugar. But not here. This is a savory topping. Odd, to resist pushing in that direction. There is nothing in this that is bitter either. So that is two main taste sensations that are purposefully avoided. 




These are remnant pieces of Parmigiano and Grana Padano. As far as cheese goes these two are solid. *fist bumps*  And now that they're gone I feel an urgency to go out and get more, and then the other brain goes, "These are the thoughts of an addict." I think I just now accepted my addiction to these two cheeses. That was easy. I'm going to go ahead and enable myself on this one. 




ARTS !




No comments:

Blog Archive