Pepperoni pizza


A pizza oddisy oddasy oddisee journey from the start in 24  pictures and not many words. 



The yeast originates from the remote and exotic land of Canada. 

The big box store that I go to offers this yeast in two 1LB blocks shrink wrapped together like a brick. These two one pound packages cost $4.50. The same thing is sold in much smaller units for home bakers at regular stores for around $2.00 an ounce. $2.33 on Amazon right now. The last jar I bought was 4oz for over $7.00 and that was alright by me because it is a lot of yeast. But this is a gargantuan amount of yeast and there is no way I can come close to using even 1/4 of this before two years goes by and it will be replaced. The packages I have still work fine but they are slowing down just a teeny tiny itsy bitsy bit. Since it's so cheap this way, I went ahead and and replaced it. That was a lot of words, sorry.  







There are two bowls. The first ↑ with cheese combination and the second with vegetable combination coated with olive oil ↓. 








Dry oregano is the only herb.


Quite a lot of olive oil there coating the onions garlic and tomato. 






The pepperoni was precooked briefly and on low to render out some of the fat, sacrilege, I know, and I do want fat, a lot of fat, but I intend to drizzle additional olive oil over the whole thing and I did not want the pepperoni to shrink and form little cups filled with its own fat. Nobody likes that. Sometimes people cut the discs then they shrink into little pepperoni pinwheels.



raw ↑ baked ↓



When I was in the First grade Mum showed me the joy and the magic of pizza from boxes of Chef Boyardee pizza kits which intrigued me because everything is separate inside and already thought out, measured and organized and I marveled at the excellence of the whole thing and thought, wow, that Chef Boyardee is ace.

No comments:

Blog Archive