Bread, mixed grain, pullman loaf


40% all purpose flour
40% bread flour
20% home-milled malted wheat grain

This was late at night and rather slap-dash. It over-proofed twice in the closed metal pan. The dough came squishing out all over the place so I just trimmed it off. That's why it collapsed as it cooled. So when a slice is cut off it looks like it has two pert upright ears. 

But, Boy, does it ever taste good. That small amount of malted whole grain really does it. I bought it downstairs from the brewing company and I'm nearly out of it. Time to do that again. It's outrageously expensive buying wheat this way, but I don't care. At least it's available. And these brewers are particular about the taste of their grains. Last time I asked for heavily malted American type and I think I'll do that again.

I only measured the water. And the yeast was taken out by the teaspoon. The flour was added by the tablespoonful alternating between bags of flour. I made the dough a little bit stiffer than usual.

No comments:

Blog Archive