Beef burrito, Old Santa Fe restaurant, Denver


This restaurant is near my apartment next to the place where I get my hair cut.

The guy who cut my hair is new. He started three months ago. I told him that I bought them a pizza and to be sure to get a piece because they're really good. The place that makes them upped my own pizza-game considerably. Mine were not good as theirs. I copied what they do. Now mine are the best. 

"Do you usually do that?"

     "Yes." 

"They told me about you."

How beautiful. These hairdressing people talked about me in a good way. And all it took was a million dollars in pizzas.

"Does your back door open?"

If it does then that puts me on the sidewalk right next to the restaurant. If not then I have to walk back to the front, then outside, then the length back again on the outside. If so, then it puts me right there.

"Yes. But it's two doors. Here, I can open them for you."

     "That's okay. I can deal with the doors."

I open the first door into a space used for storage and steps to a basement. The junk piled around is amazing. Lots of cleaning supplies and lots of holiday decorations and things that people just don't know what to do with. It's terrible. I can see why they'd rather not have people using it. It's a very bad impression.

Once again Old Santa Fe is nearly deserted. Only two other customers came in there. Judging by customers present you must conclude they're dying. Yet their online menu is gorgeous through the delivery services. On the counter are homemade bags of homemade tortilla chips. About fifty brown paper bags with oil stains ready to go for delivery. I think they survive by the delivery services. 

At any rate, this is a huge burrito. Just eating the whole thing at once qualifies you as a big fat oinking pig. I had to stuff in the last bites and it took a long time. And it is delicious. The prices are amazing low. 

No comments:

Blog Archive