Steak sandwich with mushrooms, Taste of Philly

Their steak sandwich is better than mine is even though I used rib-eye steak and they use some kind of crap beef, I don't know what, and I use my own bread and they use something commercial baked elsewhere.

How is that so?

Theirs is mostly meat. It falls out all over the place while you're eating it, and a side view shows what's going on. Like the bread was gouged out or it was thin to begin with. The bread to meat ratio is like 90% to 10%. While mine, even though the bread is actually gouged out, is more like 20% meat to 80% bread.

Apparently their meat is marinated somehow. A lesser tastier cut sliced extremely thinly.


$10 tip to run a sandwich and a salad across the street.

But it's worth it. 

These people know who I am. They call me by my first name. They address me on the street. It's the holidays. I usually walk over there but I'm not feeling that great right now. I've got some things going on. I'm in a hazardous place right now. Minutes before this I took my blood pressure and it was 181/104 with pulse of 81. All of those numbers are rather high. Heart attack territory. I think. I'll be glad when this phase is over. If I survive it. 

It's cold outside and my muscles stop working. 

The dude can skip across the street like this:

 But I cannot do that.

I'm not fast enough. The moment I set foot on the street to jaywalk a car comes out of nowhere and races up to me and honks its horn.

I must use the crosswalk.

I am very slow. Imagine a slow person then double the slowness. That's how slow I actually am. The slowest person on the sidewalk. Children run past me. Fat women in walkers pass me. Men on crutches pass me. Drunks spinning around dance circles around me. Babies just learning to walk pass me. Stephen Hawkins passes me then flips me off in the distance.

My sandwich is cold by the time I get home.

So it really is worth $10.00 to me. And the guy is delighted for just crossing the street.

He doesn't even have to come up. I meet him downstairs at the door. And here again, they always say it will be 30 minutes then they're here within 10 minutes so I can barely just make it downstairs after I place the order.

No comments:

Blog Archive