Duck and potato


Leftover Peking duck from the Star Kitchen yesterday. Over a thinly sliced potato. The potato is small. 

What an anachronism. They change the name of the biggest country but keep the name of the duck. Make up my mind over here already. It's hard being agreeable with these inconsistencies, same thing with Siamese fighting fish. 

First, a friend came over here and took my bread. Tried some of it then sliced off half and just took it. I have this situation with my bread. It didn't even matter that it is black on top. I'm all, what are you doing? And he's all, just make some more. 


That's a good idea. The next batch will be even better because now I know what the dealio is with the new levain. Plus, I didn't mention it, but this bread is over a week old. It's been in the refrigerator and they always tell you never to do that but I do it anyway. 


The leftover lobster head was useless. I picked its brains out but there was no there there in there nowhere so I tossed it. 

And then I go, I hope that doesn't stink up the place. The trash is full. That forces me to totally get rid of it.






The pan is started with duck fat and seasoning then commercial stock. The potato is sliced directly into the liquid. Starch sloughed from the potato thickens the sauce. 

* butter
* fennel seed
* spice mixture prepared for Easter eggs, s/p chile flakes
* white wine
* commercial chicken stock
* soy sauce (drops)
* Worcestershire sauce (drops)

No comments:

Blog Archive