Chicken, coconut milk


The proper place for this is two places up.

This sauce, maybe I should tell you about that.

It's butter toasted in a very large pot. While the butter is turning brown quite a significant lot of spices are added by the flat even teaspoon, mustard powder a magical ingredient that imparts unbelievable notes that you do not normally associate with yellow mustard a weird sweetness and a horseradish element mustard has all that, coriander, cumin, and brown sugar chile flakes (from arbol chiles) and cayenne powder, salt, and black pepper. So a simple combination but a lot of it. Then all of that is diluted with with the dulling power of coconut milk for an extraordinary combination that never goes wrong.

The pot is large to accomodate the pile of chicken parts. 

Did that inspire you? I made it all up. I could have said simply that it tastes good. 




This is for tomorrow. Oops. I mean later today. It's brining, there is also a small amount apple liqueur, as much sugar as salt, pepper and fennel, with an ounce of tequila and it smells great. Used the smallest bowl as possible for the least brine liquid as possible, only so that it fits in my pathetically undersized refrigerator. It's a regular refrigerator, but it's too small for me. This was tricky to chop up. I'm not as good at this as I should be by now.



An acquaintance called right at this point where the chicken was removed from the oven and he mentioned a chicken dish he recently had that used coconut milk and curry and chile peppers and that sounded better than what I  intended so I fixed a coconut milk sauce with my own combination of my own favorite spices, making sure to include brown sugar, and I have to admit that it's delicious. 

No comments:

Blog Archive