Halibut quenelles







Do you know what they call aquarium fish that hang around the filter?

Gefilte fish.

Processing fish with egg white is strange. It tends to seize and that is useful. Salt tightens the mixture so add it last. Wine would be good. Flavor to suit yourself, I did. 

* halibut, about a pound
* 1 egg white
* coconut milk by the tablespoon to about 1/2 cup
* lemon juice 1/2 lemon
* onion
* seasoning to suit, white pepper, chile flakes, mustard, salt.


Sauce 

* egg yolk, +1 egg
* 3 tablespoons cold butter
* lemon juice 1/2 lemon
* coconut milk about 3/4 cup
* chile flakes
* fish sauce
* garlic powder
* mustard
* green onion

This was more dense than I aimed for. It could be even lighter and brighter with herbs. I like it a lot and I think women will like it too. It seems feminine to me.

If you use regular heavy cream instead of coconut milk then the lemon juice will thicken it similar to sour cream. 


No comments:

Blog Archive