Pinto bean red chili


Should be red beans, but those disappeared somehow. 


This is the halfway point. 

All the above cooking was to brown the beef first and then get the beans cooked to softness.

Tomato paste was left out until now due to its acid, and molasses and brown sugar left out until now too. So the whole pot changed color and thickness with the addition of those last things and with additional heat it is a completely different and full-flavored chili.  



BLAM sweet. Then HOT. Real hot. Maybe too hot. 

Do not ever buy chili powder, it is a waste, plus it makes you ill.

It makes me ill, every time, so you should stop using it. Besides, you have all the things that go into chili powder anyway which are added to chili separately so it is doubling up on their unknown combination. 

Chili powder has garlic powder in it, and we use real garlic, so that is ridiculous right there, to double that element but with a worse version of it. All recipes for chili powder that you will see online will say:

* cumin
* garlic powder
* cayenne powder
* paprika
* oregano  

Sometimes they have 

* coriander powder

Along with various types of chile powders, or whole chiles rendered to powder; ancho, cascabel, arbol, chipotle, etc.

So you can have your own spice powders cycling through your spice cabinet, or have those and a bottle of chili powder with the same elements sitting there aging until you need that precise combination again. 

2 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

How can you cook at a time like this my good man?

I've set up my blog but I don't know how to make so that people can comment yet.

http://comonocreerendios-lem.blogspot.com/

Please check in when you can. I'll do the same here.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I contacted pollo and I think I got it now. But someone, besides me, has to try and you know knock on the door and break in or some other metaphor that might work.

Hey I just realize I don't have to watch my metaphors. that's probably not a good thing.

Could you try and comment and see if I have left the door open?

http://comonocreerendios-lem.blogspot.com/

Blog Archive