Malted vanilla coffee latte



Who thinks of this? Nobody, that's who. [malted coffee] Correction, 545,00 results, that's who. So it's not just me thinking it and that's probably a good sign.

Like so many others I have faced the reality that I just flat do not like coffee as a drink and never will even transformed into another substance it still retains its  tongue-coating, breath-fouling, nerve-racking qualities so it is disqualified for consumption. 

And here I am drinking it. What's got into me? I don't know. It's that self-destructive impulse I keep indulging.

That's a Molly Brown mug. Her house is a few blocks up the street. You don't want to see it, they don't allow cameras. The outside is opulent trashy. Their gift shop in the carriage house in back is excellent. No yard to speak of. I almost bought a very large wooden replica boat of a Titanic emergency escape boat, a very nice one too, about 4 feet long and impressively detailed. Oars and everything. It even has a rolled up sail.  It would float. On sale for only $100.00, they were tired of having it around and they did not fully appreciate it. I should have bought it on the spot but the problem was that I already have too many wooden replica boats around and in storage that I've been giving them away. I'm down to two model yachts. But they're big. One big as the whole wall and that's quite enough wooden boats plus they're proper bastards to dust.

Despite the ostentatious opulence it's hard to dislike her. Her interest in Egypt if not Egyptology and this would be before Carter's discovery in 1922 makes her interesting to me, and she studied languages. Those are things. 

No comments:

Blog Archive