pozole, bacon, cheese, two eggs over easy


I destroyed four coffee bean mills by processing hard corn kernels and pozole to powder. This time I soaked the pozole overnight to spare the new coffee bean mill. It worked very well. The machine tore through the softened kernels easily. 

The kernels did not swell so much as expected. I don't know how much water they absorbed. Usually cooking the powder with  3.5  X  water makes the right consistency. This time I used 1.5 X and the cooked mixture stayed wet.

It cooked very quickly. Boiled in the microwave less than 3 minutes. (It's a new microwave)




The mixture with s/p and butter tastes bland, but with the distinct flavor of pozole.




Two eggs fried over easy in the bacon fat. 


What an outstanding meal and so easy. It makes an impressive side dish too for a dinner party. I wrote this before, but I'll say it again, the day following a dinner party my nephew said, "What? I had grits last night? Because I don't eat no grits." 

Butcha ah, Blanch. Ya ah eating grits.

No comments:

Blog Archive