deli sandwich, turkey, hot, sourdough, green chile, lettuce, tomato


They're a bit soggy by the time that I get them home, but still delicious. 

They're toasted but then they steam in their packaging. 

The thing is some very low dosage meds have caused my lower legs to swell incredibly.

Ridiculously. Like elephantiasis. Like I have Hillary Clinton ankles or Queen Elizabeth ankles and feet. 

I own two very wide pair of shoes and even those unlaced to maximum width possible were too small to put on. 

And I must get out and walk.  

Or else the situation gets worse.

So that medication (high blood pressure) was stopped and another one taken instead. But it still took time for the swelling to diminish. 

Then I found in the span of one block a sharp pain developed with each step. From the ankle and having to do with weight put on the ankle. Getting home at the farthest point was insanely painful. People on the street took pity on the man so close to being in a wheelchair. This is the point where people decide to give up. It's way WAY WAY too much pain.

People tried to help but there is nothing they can do. 

The next day I struck out again and the same thing.

The next day I struck out again and the same thing.

The next day I struck out again and the same thing.

The next day I struck out again and it wasn't so bad.

The next day I struck out again and there wasn't any pain until the very end.

The next day I struck out again and there was no pain.

The next day was today and there was no pain.

We're getting somewhere. 

And I look fab-you-lus in my new boots. 

And it's not just me thinking it, people actually say, hey, those are really nice boots.

And I'm all, I know, right?

So that's why it's been all these simple sandwiches lately. More than I've shown here. Every day one after another.  It's my duty right now to get dressed go out and get one.

1 comment:

pious agnostic said...

Praying for your recovery. I've enjoyed your posts for years and learned a lot about cooking! Hope your legs un-swell!

Blog Archive