Umakacchan Japanese instant noodles

This was a box of 10 individual packages of 5 types of soup purchased through Amazon, here.

I've had only the American versions a couple of times. Then I watched a video of two dudes comparing cup of noodle types and that made me look on Amazon. Presently these have only 5 reviews but they all rave 5 stars saying this is the best. It's also the most expensive I've seen X3 more than the others.


You'd think delicate brittle noodles would rate some protection, but no, they're just thrown into an oversized box. The whole thing weighs only a few ounces. It seems.


Nothing in English. Not for English-speaking market. You have to judge by the photos and frankly they all look the same.





I saw later that they call for 550 grams of water, and I added only 2 cups. I think I shorted it 1/5 cup.

They're good.

This was experiment. I think that I chose chicken and I do have deli fried chicken that I could add but I wanted to test this on its own to see if those rave reviews were mere idle hyperbole. I think they probably know what they're talking about but I have no real basis for comparison. I liked it. It'd be even better enhanced as they show on the packaging.

No comments:

Blog Archive