Mashed Yukon Gold potato and sausage gravy

I'm so impressed with the instant versions of both mashed potatoes and all of the gravies that I decided to try duplicate their excellent flavors without all their chemicals.

Obviously, the Yukon potato is very yellow.

How's that for marketing? Your mixed starchy/waxy potatoes come out unsightly yellow so you sell them as Yukon Gold.


Both gravy and potato cooked in the microwave for speed and convenience. The potato is already cooked. It was too large. This turned out too much to eat.

Next time I'll add sausage after the roux is made and before the milk is added to boil. Starting it out cooks it too long and it welds itself back together into hard chunks that are not pleasant to eat. 




Guesstimate the amount of butter and milk, heat it in the microwave and add it to the riced potato.


Add milk to the cooked roux and boil. Stir while cooking in pulses. It goes very fast.


In my humble opinion, even better than the packages which are surprisingly good.

The main difference is now I have to clean out a ricer. But there are no chemicals that I know of.

No comments:

Blog Archive