Red Ginger restaurant






They're six blocks south on Broadway.

What you have here is a dinner of hibachi beef with a few selections of sushi. There is also a heavy box of rice but I don't care about that right now.

And they take for-ev-er.

I placed the order then doddered around, went downstairs to the bottle shop and got a 12-pack of Cokes, talked it up with Lurch and hung out awhile, walked back to the lobby to wait and while there the fire department arrived. Then an ambulance. Two sets of EMTs.

Eventually the ambulance people took out a fat old white guy who looked like H-E-Double IV stands.

And I thought as they loaded him up, "Always a good day when it's not me."

And then I thought, "Retire that joke. It isn't funny anymore."

2 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

How was the food?

Chip Ahoy said...

I ate half of everything except none of the rice.

* The salad is perfect. The dressing is that strange oil-less grapefruit thing that I've had elsewhere. It's perfect. I wish there was more of it. I wish the salad was the main thing.

* The hibachi beef is delicious. Mostly irregular chunks of zucchini that does not show in the photo. The beef is actually rather tough. It's a lower cut. The combination of sweet/sour/salty is amazing.

* The sushi rolls are California rolls with common sushi fish on top. The rest was room temperature by the time that I got around to it and that detracted a bit. The tuna is vapid. The octopus is difficult to chew, the eel is delicious and sweet. My favorite thing is yellowtail. Warm it's okay, but cold is a lot better. I bought two orders of that.

I ate quite a lot. Filled myself up. And there was no sense of food shifting around inside. As if food were entering an empty body. This whole time, now hours later, and still no movement at all. None. No sounds. No pressure. No discomfort. No shifting from side to side. As if my body is gently absorbing every molecule, or working to process much as it can. The food is very easy to eat. Very easy to process.

Blog Archive