Rib eye stew

I suppose it's a stew. Started out with aspirations of being a meat pie. Then decided didn't want to bother with a crust, just make dumplings instead, then decided dumplings are totally superfluous. See? Now this is how one maintains a boyish figure, decisions like that, but it does leave one oddly wanting to make a pie crust just to fill it with something.


It's sacrilege to cube a rib-eye and dust it with seasoned flour, but that's just the way I roll. You can see up there ↑ the carnal portion out of proportion to vegetable. The cubes of meat were satisfying the whole time the dish was being prepared and long after the dish pictured was finished off.

Afterwards there was a little pile left in the pan I seared everything in, kind of drying out, hours went by with it just sitting on the stove uncovered. It was time to clean up the mess I made and wash the pans. I really should have tossed the unused portion, instead, I turned up the heat, added homemade chicken broth, brought to a bubbling boil, then ate it, and I must say, if it's possible to be better reheated that way then it was. So one single slab of rib-eye had me grooving pretty much all day on dead cow meat, which seems to me seriously decadent. I'm going to feel all that saturated animal fat coming out of my pores.

No comments:

Blog Archive