Baked brie with brown sugar and nuts, homemade saltine crackers


I had something similar at a party in a highrise apartment over a decade ago and it was such a wonderful surprise and I said so to the person nearby. I did not know I was talking to the party catering chef who made it and brought it to the party. He didn't mention at first. I struggled to place what was done to it, what made it different, so delicious, and once I realized he made it, he still would not tell me. Delighting in me guessing so hard, I finally put it together and once I landed on brown sugar I knew that I had it and he still would not confirm I was right and I thought then in that moment and still do, "what a dope."

I don't like that.

Not after sharing so much I cannot appreciate that. 

I don't respect it. In fact, I disrespect it. 

Even Wolfgang Puck's mother did the same thing on national t.v. His crew went to Europe to visit his mother and she showed how to make some delicious peasant type dumpling or stew and to Wolfgang's surprise she refused to reveal her super duper confidential for her eyes only secret precious private personal recipe and she would wither to nothing inside her own shoe were the secret reveled and I'm sitting at home thinking, "what a dope." *click*

And I don't care whose mother she is.









No comments:

Blog Archive