Cherry pie, flaky crust










The filling is like cherry preserves but better than that without being overly sweetened and to compensate for its aggressive cherry tartness, the crust is made as a flaky biscuit. This is like cherry preserves on shortbread biscuit. 

So much emphasis on crust. The following photos come in close on the crust.










So a few hours after I hit publish I received an email sent via Hollywood service provider and I suppose it was intended to be nice but I shot it back with a sharp note, "You just never mind about my pie, Jason Biggs."  How rude.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I only want to eat that crust, and nothing else, for dinner.

Chip Ahoy said...

I had it for dinner twice, and there is one piece left. It's rejuvenated in a countertop oven toaster to original flaky excellence and I'm amazed all over again.

Blog Archive