Oatmeal with currants


I'm starving. I'm always starving. I'm in a serious weight-loss spiral that I intend to halt and reverse by pushing food into my pie hole continuously.

A friend stopped by as I was replacing water in the aquarium involving a hose to the bathroom. He followed me in there and stepped on the scale. He 5'7 and 169 LBS me 6'0 127 LBS. That's shockingly low. I look like a spider.

And the whole time this oatmeal is sitting there and I pass it several times daily. I forgot how satisfying this is. And easy. No fuss, one bowl. And fast, a few minutes in the microwave. 

If I had heavy cream right now I would use it. To finish. After it's microwaved.
salt
brown sugar
anything that sounds good, nuts, banana, peach, raisins, cranberry raisins, apple, preserves instead of brown sugar, maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries, any berry, cinnamon, allspice, pear. mango, what do you say?

I'm going to buy another box and go crazy with this stuff. Think, Scotsmen. No more messing around. It's full fat, full on full food all the time until the weight comes back up to 150 LBS, ten stone ten pounds, still very skinny.


1 comment:

Pete said...

When I went in the Army at 19 (1953) I was 5' 11", and weighed 115 lbs. I was the only one in the company who gained weight.

Blog Archive